Thursday, April 30, 2009

Buy a Hat, Save a Life!


Krochet Kids is an amazing non-profit organization that is helping Ugandan women learn to support themselves and their families by crocheting hats that are then sold here in the states. This organization is especially dear to my heart because my brother and very close friend, Nic Lauten, has played a big role in making Krochet Kids what it is. He spent 11 months in Uganda getting to know the women in the organization, loving the African people, and just sitting and crocheting with them. I personally am in love with my pink Krochet Kids beanie, and when I wear it, I can't help but wonder about the precious sister somewhere across the world who made it for me. If you all wouldn't mind, would you please take a few minutes today and check out krochetkids.org? If you're anything like me, you'll be brought to tears as you read the vision and the stories of the women involved. And hey, if you can, buy a hat, because they are pretty awesome!! =)

1 comment:

  1. I am so going to blog about this...and now I'm off to buy a hat! (although, I'm not sure I'll look as good as you do!)

    ReplyDelete