Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

This is a picture of my mom and me, taken last Sunday. She and my dad came down from Sacramento and spent a very fun weekend with us here in Monterey. I just have to use this opportunity to list a few things I will forever be grateful for about my mom!!
1. She has been a loving and supportive wife to my dad, giving me a strong foundation and a great example.
2. She home-schooled me every year but 8th grade, even when she probably reeeeeally didn't want to. (We'll put it this way: I wasn't the most excited student all the time. ;))
3. She began each day with prayer and worship, sometimes playing guitar and sometimes playing piano. She didn't know at the time what an impact that had on me.
4. She was never too busy to listen to me or to share things that were on her heart.
5. She shared current and past struggles she dealt with, modeling transparency and giving me the opportunity to really know who she was.
6. She trained me using a lot of Proverbs, which helped me to see that what she expected of me was also God's best for me.
7. If I was down, sometimes she would put a bit of lipstick and blush on me. Amazing how looking good helps you feel better! =)
8. Her energy is contagious and often helped me get interested in things I wouldn't have been otherwise!
So there it is, just a few things off the top of my head about my amazing mom who loves me in a way that no one else on earth does. (And I know that now because I have 3 girls of my own! =))

4 comments:

  1. How precious! You both are beautiful together. I hope both of you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet tribute to your mom! For some reason I can't see the picture, sonmething wrong with my computer today, but by your words I can tell that she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I have always loved your mom. One of my favorite "school things" was when we did the group study for CA history, and your mom drove us to some of the State Missions in the area. She was always so much FUN!

    ReplyDelete